Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to update these backyard brick pavers?

TMG
Just Starting Out

How to update these backyard brick pavers?

Hey guys,

I have these pavers in my courtyard - approx 12m² and I dont like them.

Any ideas for a revamp or cheap replacement option? I have already pressure cleaned. 

I'd love a deck but got quoted 5k and can't afford that right now- probably not skilled enough to build one myself.

Any ideas or feedback welcome! 

20220402_113629.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: backyard update

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @TMG. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about updating your backyard.

We can certainly assist with information on How to build a low-level deck, but are there any other surfaces you've seen that you like the look of? If you're willing to remove the bricks, you'd have the option of paving the area. If the bricks are on a solid base, you could perhaps pave over them. You'd need an edging to stop them migrating off the surface. Here are some paving ideas for outdoor entertaining areas.

You might like also to read this article on 10 great alternatives to a grass lawn

Depending on the size of the area, you'd likely be able to construct a deck yourself for under the quoted amount. Let us know what you think and I'm sure our helpful members will be ready to assist. Many of the contributed decking projects on the community were constructed by members who had never built a deck before.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects