Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

I need idea for landscaping

Amir
Finding My Feet

I need idea for landscaping

125274AD-062B-4C16-BBAD-3D41EEBFEFFA.jpeg

069506AF-A2B9-4771-B675-19A4B120C659.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: I need idea for landscaping

Welcome to the Workshop community @Amir. Many thanks for your question about landscaping, I'd be happy to give you some suggestions.

Is there anything, in particular, you'd like to achieve in the space? Perhaps you would like more plants, to disguising the Colorbond fence or even repaving the area?

There are some fantastic vertical planters available that can maximise the wall space usage and soften the impact of the walls. There's a great example of their use in the post Merbau planter boxes and vertical vegie garden. You might also be interested to know how to use Climbers to dress up Colorbond fence, but you can also use this method for growing the climbers up the brick wall.

There was also a similar post to yours recently Seeking inspiration for Side of House which has some great ideas included. The use of reed screening was a cost-effective way to disguise the large fence and make the area more appealing.

If you would like any specific information on landscaping the area, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc for your suggestion 

Actually I am looking for idea to change or fix the floor .

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Amir,

There is certainly some movement going on which needs to be addressed. The first step would be to understand why there is movement and then correct the issue. Either some bricks are sinking or there could be large trees on the other side of the fence and their roots are pushing the bricks upwards. You need to remove the bricks and then level the area, compacting the base material might assist to stop the movement. If it is tree roots pushing up on the bricks any fix might only be temporary.

I'd be interested to know what the timber boards are being used for, do they have something to do with the issue?

You might be interested in the article How to lay paving for a path, to see the methods you'll need to use.

I'll also mention the talented @Yorky88 to see if he can offer some advice.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey @Amir it definitely looks like there could be some root action going on underneath your pavers. If I were you I would be pulling the whole lot up getting rid of any roots, compact it and bring in some brickies sand and re lay those pavers. I’d also be inclined to ramp the back section and get rid of those stairs and that should make that space a lot more user friendly. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects