Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Inflatable pool with decking

stelz
Making a Splash

Inflatable pool with decking

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is keeping well. 

Any one else felt summer was short lived?

My husband really wanted a swimming pool, an in- ground pool  was not an option for us. My husband bought an Intex Metal Frame Rectangular splash pool and during the first week of January, we stated building the decking around the pool. Completely w within week. We enjoyed the pool during the hot summer. 

It took  a few month before we stain it- we used cabot's deck & exterior stain water based in jarrah.

Just two week ago, I made the planter box around it. 

The pool is officially completed.. Finger cross there is a few summer days to enjoy before we drain the water, until next summer.

It was a very fun project and it has dramatically transformed the look of our backyard ..Loving it 

PXL_20210101_045626351.jpgPXL_20210101_061015392.MP.jpgPXL_20210105_091516833.jpgPXL_20210304_052040067.jpgPXL_20210306_073121009.MP.jpgPXL_20210210_053116073.jpegPXL_20210319_032234660.jpg5.jpeg

OneMansFool
Building a Reputation

Re: Inflatable pool with decking

Looks amazing, well done!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

What an innovative way to be able to take a dip without the cost of a permanent installation @stelz. Your final results look amazing! The outdoor shower is a nice touch, as well. Did you build it from scratch, or is it a pre-made unit?

Well done, and many thanks for sharing your project, as I trust it will be of great inspiration to those members that can't install an in-ground pool.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

This is really cool! What a great idea! Looks amazing 👌🏻

suzie1
Finding My Feet

Wow that’s fabulous 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @suzie1. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

Let me mention @stelz, so they are alerted to your kind comment about their project.

Do you have space in your backyard that you could use to create something similar to this?

We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the home and garden and would encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance with them or have something to share. As you've found, there is plenty of inspiration within the community as our fabulous members contribute their amazing projects here every day.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you, definitely  an easy win for a pool.

The outdoor shower was on sale so we purchased it 2years ago  as the main inspiration to complete the pool. 

Thank you Mitchell,

Defiantly an easy win for a pool.

The outdoor shower was purchased a year ago as the main inspiration for the pool.  

Ghola181
Finding My Feet

Gee that looks beaut and similar would look really good in my backyard.  A quick question.  Does a pool like this require dedicated pool fencing?

Michelle21
Finding My Feet

Omg I love it 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects