Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Materials needed to replace decking?

fordy
Just Starting Out

Materials needed to replace decking?

need to repair deckingneed to repair decking

i want to replace  some decking.

i have calculated i need to buy some treated pine 70x22x6.0m   @ 4 pieces can they be cut into 1.5m pieces please,  also need to get the slopping boards for the steps ??

appreciate any help !

regards

chris

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Materials needed to replace decking?

Hello @fordy

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your decking repair project.

I've just been speaking to one of our stores concerning your required decking panel sizes. I'm so sorry but they are currently not available. However, you mentioned that you will be needing 4 pieces to repair your deck. I recommend using 90 x 22mm 4.8m Decking H3 Treated Pine. It should be enough to cover the space you are trying to repair. I suggest using the Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Framing 140 x 45mm for your slopping board. The store will be able to cut your decking panels to 1.5m. However, the saws are only able to do straight cuts not complex or angled miters. You will have to use your own circular saw to cut your slope.

Let me tag our experienced members @tom_builds and @JDE for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects