Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Matrix fence extension installation query

mturnbull
Just Starting Out

Matrix fence extension installation query

Hi. I've bought some Matrix fence extensions to add to my new side fence. I've successfully attached the metal legs to the screens but I'm not sure what are the best screws to use to instal the screens on the fence itself.  Could you please advise and let me know what equipment I need to put the screws through the steel legs and into the fence? Many thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Matrix fence extension installation query

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mturnbull. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

What type of fence are the metal legs to be screwed into?  If it is a metal fence then I would suggest Zenith 12g x 35mm Galvanised Hex Head With Seal Metal Screws 50 Pack or for a timber fence Buildex 12-11 x 50mm Climaseal Hex Head Timber Screws 25 Pack. You'll need to pre-drill holes in the extension legs to drive the screws through into the fence.

Here are some helpful installation instructions for a Matrix panel onto a timber fence. 

Please let me know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects