Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My backyard deck project with Ekodeck

asifkhawaja
Building a Reputation

My backyard deck project with Ekodeck

Recently, I turned my boring ugly backyard into an amazing sitting area using the brand new Ekodeck decking. Here are a few photos of the different stages and the final finished deck. 

before and after.jpgIMG_0260.jpgIMG_0448.jpgIMG_0626.jpgIMG_0830.jpgIMG_0901.jpgIMG_0903.jpgIMG_0908.jpgIMG_0914.jpgIMG_0971.jpgIMG_0974.jpgIMG_0978.jpgIMG_0997.jpgIMG_1047.jpgIMG_1048.jpg

Re: My Backyard Deck Project with Ekodeck

Is it possible to use this product to replace our current decking, by just removing the top planks? the structure is solid, but the treated pine planks are a bit warped - have been down for about 12 years I think, and not well maintained (blaming hubby lol)

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @FranMM,

Thanks for joining in the discussion and a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're really pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our wonderful members.

I suspect members would need a lot more information about your deck structure and your goals for the project before recommending what approach to take. I would encourage you to start a new discussion and post as much detail as possible about your deck and your requirements, including photographs so members can see what you are working with. Let me also tag @MitchellMc so he can share his thoughts when he is back on the site tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
fcardenas
Getting Established

Re: My backyard deck project with Ekodeck

@asifkhawaja 

Great Job!!! Looks amazing!!! what timber do you use for the framing?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @fcardenas. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Let me mention @asifkhawaja to see if they can fill you in on what timber they used for the framing. It appears to be H3 treated pine and I'll leave the sizes to @asifkhawaja as I would only be guessing otherwise.

Do you have a decking project in the works?

It would be great to hear more about your project and we'd encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share with us. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our fantastic members are contributing their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

Thanks @fcardenas. I used H3 treated Pine 45x140mm as most of it is above the ground. Anything goes under ground, I would use H4 treated.

Hope that helps.

Thank you @asifkhawaja & @MitchellMc for the information.. Im currently in the progress and early stages of designing a deck and this is very useful.. I will be creating a new discussion once i have all the questions I have.. appreciate your help!!!

Hello may i know the materials that you bought from bunnings and if possible, also the cost please? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ongbianca88. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.

I see above that @asifkhawaja mentions they used Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Framing 140 x 45mm for the frame and it appears they have used Pryda Joist Hanger Suits 45 x 140mm to support them. They have used Ekodeck for the planking.

Let me mention @asifkhawaja to see if they would like to provide an approximate cost for the project.

Please let us know if you need any help with your project or would like to share it with us. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our fantastic members are contributing their projects here all the 

Mitchell

Aussie-Garden
Becoming a Leader

Quality work right there @asifkhawaja. Well done. 👍

Big fan of the colour choice too.

@ongbianca88 I think @MitchellMc has already mentioned the major material that I used. There are lots of other smaller things that you will need like posts or stirrups (depending on how you are planning your deck frame), screws, hidden kit for Ekodeck, etc that I am sure you will figure out as you plan.

The cost estimate, if you look at mine, it cost me roughtly around $6,500 - and more that half of that was just the Ekodeck boards.

Hope that helps.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects