Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need a good finish for this garden outdoor storage box

nsavi
Growing in Experience

Need a good finish for this garden outdoor storage box

Hello

I am looking forward to bring this outdoor storage box back to life a bit of clean and shine.

I will give it a pressure wash first. After that what must put on this - some oil or just the paint I like(oak or walnut)?

Thanks

Sam

Screenshot_20210629-091426_Messenger.jpg

linda53
Just Starting Out

Re: Need a good finish for this garden outdoor storage box

I painted mine with a mixture of linseed oil and turps.  With the storm just passed it did well in its semi-protected position although some sort of plastic lining would be a good idea.  I plan to do that 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @nsavi

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your outdoor storage box project.

If you are using a pressure washer I recommend making sure that the unit is totally dry before sanding and painting the unit. Please make sure that the paint you use is rated for exterior use. I recommend Bondall 1L Monocel Walnut Stain and Varnish it is rated for exterior use and has excellent UV resistance. It is an all-in-one product and you don't need to use two separate products to achieve finish and protection on the storage box.

Here is a beautiful featured project by one of our members: Upcycled buffet sideboard by @DanaR

We look forward to seeing your project once you begin.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion and sharing your experience @linda53. I'm sure @nsavi appreciates it. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us. Please let us know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. We're looking forward to reading more of your posts soon.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
nsavi
Growing in Experience

Thank you @linda53 @EricL and @Jason 

I will share a picture once I finish this project.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects