Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New drinking hole

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

New drinking hole

Hi all,

Thought I would post a couple of photos of the drinking hole.  Everything you see is recycled except for the front face of the bar.  The mini-orb sheets are all ex-coversheets and spray painted a silver hammertone, the frame for the bar came from an old project, the top of the bar jarrah floorboards and came from government house in WA.  The 'crackatinnie' sign was made out of a jarrah offcut and just routed with a computer template, painted and varnished.  I wanted the oldish look hence the small gaps in the timber and all the existing nail holes.  You may notice that I am a hugh XY GTHO fan.  Enjoy.

bar.jpg

bar1.jpg

And not a gnome in sight........

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: New drinking hole

@darylhewston

Mate, you are the complete Alpha Male, & a styling genius. : )

I love the custom "crackatinnie" board, & that free beer, tomorrow only sign cracked me right up.

Could you pick me up at the airport at 11:59pm tonight, or are you setting me up? : P

BTW, a mate of mine had one of those GTHOs, & it was a blast.

Trying
Making a Splash

WOW !! Darylhewston, that is awesome ! You have created what every Aussie bloke would love in his "man-cave"! What a great effort, especially as it is all re-cycled materials. I love it ! Cheers,beers and diy-ers !

Annette
Making a Splash

Stunning! I could see myself having a cocktail night with the girls there :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects