Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New outdoor entertainment space

matweb
Building a Reputation

New outdoor entertainment space

Decided we needed more room so I created an outdoor space for the family to enjoy alot of digging, shovelling and carrying in material but was all worth it.

20210207_135545.jpg

20210204_134815.jpg

 once brick edge was in I spread 50 mm of crusher grit and compacted with a bit of 20 mm plate welded to a handle, was an effort but I got the job done 

20210205_104828.jpg

20210205_133651.jpg

  laying pavers in a crusher grit and cement mix should help stop any weeds coming up also prevent any pavers sinking over time

20210206_141703.jpg

 once you get the first row in and a square line to work off its easy going 

20210203_090414.jpg

 spent a day digging out area to level out as much as possible ready for a brick edge and a solid crusher grit base

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New outdoor entertainment space

Wow, what a huge space for entertaining friends and family @matweb! I can imagine you will spend many, many happy times out there. Congratulations, all your hard work certainly paid off. 

We often have new Bunnings Workshop community members asking for paving advice. What are some of your top tips you could share? Any advice for people tackling a similar project in future would be much appreciated by other members. 

Welcome to the community. We're looking forward to seeing what you tackle next. Don't hesitate to post whenever you have something to share or need some advice. We are here to help whenever you might need a hand.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
matweb
Building a Reputation

I think the most Important think about paving is to have a very well compacted base which is as level as possible, I would recommend no more than 7mm slope per meter to help water run off finished area. I also like to make a crusher grit and cement mix to tap each paver into and hold firm rather than laying in sand as they are less likely to move over time 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing @matweb. Looking forward to seeing what projects you tackle next.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects