Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Open living room to backyard renovation

Rebekah121
Just Starting Out

Open living room to backyard renovation

Hello, I just moved into a townhouse.  The living room and the backyard is divided by the sliding door.  My thought is trying to open up the area by changing the sliding door to folding door and put timber on the backyard.  It is my first project, any suggestion or help on where to start will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Open living room to backyard renovation

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Rebekah121 . It's fantastic to have you join us.

Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist. Alfresco areas are always a great way to create a fluid flow from inside living to outside entertaining. Our supplier Hume doors do a fantastic range of alfresco multi-fold doors systems which can be customised to suit the appearance you would like. The system comes with the JST1 joinery entrance door but there is the option to choose from the complete external door range.

A great way to facilitate an entertaining area outside is to install a deck and we have several solutions to assist with that. The Goodtimes modular decking system allows you to pick and choose pre-assembled parts to construct your deck, making it a quick and easy process.

Some great step-by-step D.I.Y. articles to check out would be How to design your outdoor room and How to build modular decking which I trust you'll find useful. I'd also encourage you to draw up a plan of the area with dimensions so we can better understand the layout. A plan is the best place to start and ensures you know what direction you are heading. You should also include what you want to achieve and if there are any priorities that should take precedence.

We look forward to assisting with your open living room to backyard renovation and can't wait to see the results.

Please let me know if you would like further advice or have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects