Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor tile paint or resurfacing?

nikkifoz
Finding My Feet

Outdoor tile paint or resurfacing?

20210109_124800.jpg

20210111_183634.jpg

 looking at resurfacing or painting outdoor tiles to freshen up area until I retile in two years time. 

Seeking advice:)

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: outdoor tile paint or resurfacing

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @nikkifoz. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

My advice would be to use Crommelin Natural DiamondCoat Slate And Stone Sealer to rejuvenate the area. I really like these pavers' look and would be hesitant advising to paint over them. It appears like they desperately need a sealer, which will return most of the beautiful colouring. Are these tiles slate? If so, I would imagine they'll look quite spectacular once sealed. It would be best to give them a good scrub down with a stiff bristle broom and a pressure washer. Once the cleaning is complete, try a test section of the sealer to ensure it adheres correctly.

You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How To Seal Outdoor Pavers.

Please let me know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: outdoor tile paint or resurfacing

Thanks so much.

Yes they are a stone. My husband sealed some previously but may be a poorer sealer or rain after as it wasn't too good. 

I will get the pressure washer out and get working.

Thanks again :smile:

Will update once completed 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects