Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Privacy screen in balcony

Awais
Just Starting Out

Privacy screen in balcony

Hello Experts,

I have to install privacy screen on both sides of my balcony. It is 42inches wide. When I was discussing construction with my builder they said this is something I can do myself easily after handover but with some research so far it looks very complex to buy right size and installation. My walls and piers are made of hebel. Is it something that I can do myself or would require an expert installer? Any advise and suggestions please. 

20211030_182614.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Privacy screen in balcony

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Awais. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question on screening.

What type of privacy screen did you want to install? Would you be able to show us an image of something similar? That way, our members will have a better understanding of what you would like to achieve.

If you just want to install natural screening, this is typically done with cable ties. You'll wrap the cable ties around the wire used to hold the screening together, and then secure it to your balustrade rails. You can cut the screening to size with shears or heavy-duty scissors.

I'll be looking forward to more details and providing further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Privacy screen in balcony

Hi @Awais,

Congrats on your new home. Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. I trust that you'll get all manner of helpful advice and inspiration from our clever and creative members. 

Just wanted to follow up from Mitch's reply. Do you know what kind of screening you wanted to install? Let us know if you don't know where to start and we would be happy to make some further suggestions.

Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects