Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Queenslander renovation

Lhapp
Growing in Experience

Queenslander renovation

Bundy Front.jpg

We drove with caravan from Surf Coast Victoria up to Bundaberg QLD with our painting gear and tools to do see a property we had purchased which had just received a new roof due to bad leaks. It is a lovely low set Queenslander built in the 1920's.

We had a tight timeframe and at the start wondered if we would be able to arrive in Bundaberg due to the floods and arrived on the Monday and needed to leave to drive to the Gold Coast on the Friday. Our plan was to paint the whole outside of the house and repair some rotten boards.

We had already been to Bunnings at home to purchase a paint spray gun. Having never used one but having minimal time we thought it would be the only way we could meet the timeframe.

Needed to find some really old hardwood when we arrived and needed to replace about a dozen boards on the back of the house before able to paint. The colours where a nice creamy yellow and heritage green trim.

The new roof meant we needed to protect it when spraying. Pressure wash, sanding and then taping up everything to then spray. We also had really pointy awnings (aluminum sunshades) in heritage green that also needed painting. Some big days of repairs and painting meant the house now looks amazing. Total costs $726 and spray gun was $200 saving us a little over $10k by DIY. 

Bundy Front old.jpgBundy Corner old.jpgBunday Back Before.jpg

Bundy 7.jpg

Bundy Corner.jpgBundy Back.jpgBundy 6.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Queenslander renovation

A big congratulations on your purchase and the excellent makeover @Lhapp. What a beautiful home! I'm sure other Bunnings Workshop community members will be inspired by what you have achieved on such a small budget. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. We're really pleased to have you join us. You'll find Workshop is full of people just like you who are willing to roll the sleeves up and get stuck into D.I.Y. projects. We have clever and creative people sharing helpful advice and inspiring ideas every day, so please don't hesitate to post any time you need a hand or have something new to share.

Thanks for sharing this project with us. I'm sure other members will be keen to hear more. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects