Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Removing graffiti from a bluestone surface

kaylah_rose
Making a Splash

Removing graffiti from a bluestone surface

We have a bluestone letterbox at our house with a giant white spray painted number on the front. Admittedly, the number is not "graffiti" as such, but is offensive to our eyes and is often the first thing people mention when visiting us, which we would like to change! 

Has anyone got any hints or tips for removing spray paint from bluestone that hopefully will not ruin the surface? I have heard of the graffiti removal products, but I am not sure they would work for bluestone. 

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: Removing graffiti from a bluestone surface

@kaylah_rose

This might help - http://sosafe.com.au/products/graffiti-remover/

There's products for stone.

Hey @kaylah_rose, you may want to explore getting a professional to do the job for you. I know that most stone surfaces will absorb the paint quite deeply, so getting it all off can be quite tricky (especially if the graffiti has been there quite a while).

Thanks guys very helpful. Might seek some professional advice before tackling the job myself. The number was there before we moved in so I am assuming it has been there for quite some time. Shame really, as the bluestone is very nice. 

Fingers crossed it comes off without any issues!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects