Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Restoring outdoor table and chairs

GailC
Finding My Feet

Restoring outdoor table and chairs

We have cleaned, sanded and used Cabots Deck Clean on our outdoor setting.  Perhaps we went too far with the sanding but having purchased 4 lt. of Aquadeck Merbau we are finding it is not covering the wood as we expected.  The first coat is done but it is looking very patchy and mottled and we are wondering if more coats will cover the problem or do we need another paint/stain product.  We are concerned to do too much more and then be told we need to remove all the Aquadeck.

Chair.jpg  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Restoring outdoor table and chairs

You didn't happen to have any before and after photos of this soda blasting process, did you @r23on? I'd be keen to see your results.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
r23on
Amassing an Audience

Re: Restoring outdoor table and chairs

Hi @MitchellMc 

Unfortunately I do not I was told about this process sometime ago and haven’t had the need to do, although while in Darwin I showed the Mens shed how to with their equipment. I have also used it on metal to remove light rust and paint from metal as it does not remove any metal.

As stated there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube 

Supercheap have product called soda blasting and a couple of videos if this helps

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/safe-soda-safe-soda-blasting-soda---4.5kg/348346.html 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects