Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ryobi 1800W 2000PSI Pressure Washer not purging air

JezFletcher
Finding My Feet

Ryobi 1800W 2000PSI Pressure Washer not purging air

Purchased this washer from Bunnings yesterday. Following the setup instructions, I've been running water through it without turning on the pump, in order to purge air in the hose or the unit. However, no matter how long I run, the flow still seems to sputter:

and in the inlet for the hose into the unit (which is transparent), I can still see air bubbles running through, which I assume shouldn't be there.

I've disconnected and reconnected all the connections multiple times, and I've tried two different garden hoses for input, and two different taps, and I still get the same result. I've not wanted to try turning on the pump yet, because the instructions are quite clear that the hose has to flow constantly before it's safe to do so. So I'm afraid of breaking a brand new washer by doing that.

We've previously used a (borrowed) Karcher pressure washer here with no problems. Any tips would be appreciated.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ryobi 1800W 2000PSI Pressure Washer not purging air

Sorry for the error in the link that Mitch shared @Bhavin1. I've fixed it above and will also repeat it here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garden/ryobi-1800-watt-2000-psi-waterblaster/m-p/43658

Please let us know how you go.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects