Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Show off your pet

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Show off your pet

It's my dog Humphrey's birthday today, so it seems as good an excuse as any to encourage Workshop  members to show off your pets.

Here's Humphrey, and I look forward to seeing your pets...

Jason

Humphrey.JPG

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MonkeyLearn
Cultivating a Following

Re: Show off your pet

My dogs Rejji-2(right) and Stella-7(left). Stella is a staffy x whippet, she likes wrestling with other dogs, snuggling and water(as long as its shallow). Rejji is an Irish Wolfhound x Bull Arab, she likes running, longggggg walks, hugs, wrestling with her sister and hunting our rat populace. Yes they are both girls, Rejji or Rej is short for Regina but she's fine if people thinks she's a dude.

20200730_152038.jpg

Your girls look lovely, many thanks for sharing @MonkeyLearn

Jason

All these pets look so loved and even adored.

Unfortunately I lost my Ruby at Easter at 14. She seemed so well but it wasn't to be and she will always have a special place in my heart.

BUT

Time doesn't stand still, enter Gem, a pure heeler who came into our lives in late April, our wild child!!

I have attached a collection of photo's showing Gems first condo when she arrived here and then some other pics including her daily ritual of greeting the cat Cheeta as well as playing with her in the garden and her collection of toys some given to her and some acquired or stolen ha-ha

I have a video of her unwinding after a day in the tractor that I need to find out how to attach Jason??

Cheers,

Barbara

Gem saying Good Morning to Cheetah the catGem saying Good Morning to Cheetah the catGem's collection of ToysGem's collection of ToysFirst night at homeFirst night at homeGems CondoGems CondoGem and Cheetah playingGem and Cheetah playing

Sorry to hear of your loss Barbara (@Baretta11). We lost Humphrey a couple of years ago and still miss him every day. We are considering adding a new member to the family but when I did some investigation recently the waiting lists were really long. Pets have been such wonderful companions during this most challenging year for so many people. Gem looks lovely.

You can insert video into your post but currently it needs to be a YouTube video. We are considering adding video hosting capability in future so you can upload videos directly to the Bunnings Workshop site as easily as sharing photos. We just want to ensure we make the process as simple as possible while protecting users from any potentially inappropriate content.

Thanks,

Jason   

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Too cute ! Happy Birthday gorgeous boy !!!!

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your kind words.

It's quite amazing how much our pets mean to us whether they are pampered indoor pets of farm pets.

I still struggle with my loss, still in tears even now after all this time as everything was quite sudden and traumatic although I don't think it would have mattered if it wasn't sudden, a loss is a loss.

Gem is so different to Ruby, completely opposite. Ruby never chewed anything nor was she destructive but Gem is an absolute horror, she has anhilateded the first cane cat igloo, Cheetah now has igloo no 2. In fact if you look at the first pic you can see the hole on the side of the igloo, it now has two holes, the entrance ant the frame which is all that is left and no amount of stern words etc... made a scrap of difference ha-ha

I've had to put an electric fence around my asparagus as Gems's decided she likes to have them all for herself!!

Shoes could not bew left outside but that seems to have have finally settled, as for my gardening gloves or washing for example, Gem will wander past the kitchen window quite happy with something in her rmouth and when I pull her up she drops it and looks at me as if to say, I didn't touch it it was just lying here!! ha-ha

Plants on the front steps had to see most of the year off inside as Gem was constantly trying to pull them out or worse eat them.

She's now 7 months old and just starting to settle into a more adult frame of mind. In the tractor I have to make lunch for me and lunch for her otherwise she isn't happy with a treat, she wants what I have ha-ha

My video in not on utube so I will await your website upgrade in the future and I certainly understand you need to make sure no unaceptable content gets uploaded onto the website.

I was thinking of putting the video on utube but as yet haven't done so as I'm not to tech savvy about that sort of stuff.

Cheers,

Barbara

jennik5
Finding My Feet

Sooo cute @Jason 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

The latest member of our family - Hazelnut.

She's eight weeks and very affectionate.

Hazelnut1.jpg 

querencia
Building a Reputation

Tigga the tripod and Phoenix the wonderdog

20860B07-AC21-4916-8736-2A748AB5A1C2.png

5857AE01-DE84-4868-959A-5785D98DB927.jpeg

5AEEC613-C847-4488-A8B9-D19564A7358E.jpeg

1B284F98-E941-4A2F-B39C-9ACC3E40F580.png

684F5F2D-806B-4E17-8AA4-8AFCDA18C278.png

Meet Tigga our 3-legged tabby cat and Phoenix our D.A.D. - Diabetic Alert Dog… 

Re: Tigga the tripod and Phoenix the wonderdog

They are lovely @querencia. Many thanks for sharing. 

I reckon our furry companions are even more precious at the moment during extended lockdowns. It's wonderful to have their unconditional love and be able to laugh at their antics. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects