Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small Pebblecrete repair job in in-ground pool

Spitz
Finding My Feet

Small Pebblecrete repair job in in-ground pool

Hi there. I have a small patch up job to do on the inside wall of my exposed pebble/concrete swimming pool. Built late 80s location Brisbane (Please refer to pic.)

Qns: Most likely place to source the pebbles?

And is it just a straight apoxy/ pebble mix (can you recommend product and proportion of pebble to apoxy)

or pebbles mixed with cement and then washed off to expose?

Would it be same materials in the event of a larger area?

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you

IMG_20220802_141012701_HDR.jpg

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: Small Pebblecrete repair job in in-ground pool

Hey @Spitz, I've had a look through some older threads like this and also a quick search on Bunnings fir some options but a repair kit seems to be what you are looking for.

Let me know your thoughts.

Carl

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Spitz

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about repairing pebblecrete around your pool.

It's great that you've received good advice from @CSParnell.  Is this part of the pebblecrete near the water line or is it near the lip of the pool? If it is you'll need a product that can withstand water immersion and harsh weather. I recommend using Dunlop 310ml Tile-All Plus Premixed Tile Adhesive and choosing pebbles that are close to the profile of your pebblecrete. The pebbles may not be the exact colour, but they should be close enough to blend in with their surroundings. 

I suggest filling the gap with some of the tile-all adhesive and pushing the pebbles into the adhesive. If the glue overflows wipe it off immediately before it sets. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Great advice @EricL and able to source local which is even better thank you for this I can refer to is any in store customers ask. Much appreciated 🙏 

Hey Carl. Thanks heaps for taking the time to steer me in the right direction. 

Greatly appreciated. Id be interested to know what the pebblecrete mixture would be made up of in addition to the pebbles them selves. None the less, its a great option for what i need to do

Cheers

Spitz
Finding My Feet

Hi  Eric. thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. 

Greatly appreciated

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects