Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Stencil concrete / painting

Birdy04
Just Starting Out

Stencil concrete / painting

CAF7DD11-D724-41C1-B4E4-3ADED54560C3.jpeg

Hello, so glad I just found this group. So many helpful tips. We are waiting to cover the stencil concrete and take the pattern out of it, would a product like Megatreat's textured primer coat take out the pattern ? If so how many coats of the primer do you think we would have to do ?

thank you :smile: 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Stencil concrete / painting

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Birdy04. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Megatreat's textured primer will hide the pattern in the stencilled concrete. You will need to apply two coats of the primer and then your topcoat to conceal it completely.

If you need further information about the application or the suitability for covering stencilled concrete, please feel free to contact Megatreat's information line: Ph 02 4982 2877 

We look forward to following along with the project and would encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How is your project going @Birdy04? Let us know if you need further assistance. We are looking forward to seeing how the concrete comes up when you are done.

Jason

phil55
Just Starting Out

Hi,

just wondering if you have any "'After"' photos. I have the same stencil pattern and was told that i need to grind it all off .

Avery expensive exercise?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @phil55 and thanks for joining in the discussion. Let me tag @Birdy04 for you in the hope they can come back to the site and share some photos of the results of their hard work.

Feel free to share some photos of your own so that @MitchellMc can provide some individual assistance to you. We're happy to help.

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share with our wonderful community. 

Jason

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @phil55,

I'll be looking forward to seeing those images of your stencilled concrete. The Megatreat team are always more than happy to provide information and assistance on their products. Please feel free to contact them to discuss whether their product will cover your stencilled surface. From discussions I've had with them in the past, they have been more than confident that two textured primer coats at the recommended application rate will cover the texture on most stencilled concretes.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects