Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Transformation tips please :)

jose29
Growing in Experience

Transformation tips please :)

D80B1F28-0688-4A25-8230-9854A6DA1ADD.jpeg

Hey all,

I would some inspiration and tips on how to transform this gap between our alfresco and pool please? As I am on a budget, I would like to know how I can transform this area myself using a shovel lol and whatever else I may need. Thank you.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Transformation tips please :)

Hi @jose29,

For a budget-friendly option, I'd recommend considering decorative pebbles. I'd suggest placing weed matting over the area first. You could then have a bulk quantity of pebbles delivered. Having a 1-tonne bag delivered is significantly cheaper than purchasing 20kg bags. You could also choose some large format pavers for the path from the alfresco area to the pool gate. Alternatively, you could consider establishing a lawn in this area. You should find these step-by-step guides helpful: How To Lay Turf and How To Grow Grass From Seed.

You can find further inspiration in the article: Garden Flooring Tips For Every Lifestyle.

Let me mention some of our helpful members @Yanick, @Adam_W and @TedBear to see if they had other thoughts.

Please let us know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

You have an appealing mix of brick and timber on the verandah area,  so it would seem a pity not to put timber decking in that area. It would offer coolness to the entertainment zone and a pleasant way to get to and from the pool. Budget vs long term satisfaction?  Otherwise, I'd go for lawn, for similar reasons. 

jose29
Growing in Experience

Thank you so much. 

jose29
Growing in Experience

Thank you heaps , I will check those links out.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects