Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycle project

Gibbo
Building a Reputation

Upcycle project

Hi everyone.

I thought I'd share a cool upcycle project I did on the weekend.

This was from the top of an old Telecom phone box.

WP_20160319_001.jpg

And now it sits on my shed wall as storage for swimming inflatables and pool toys.

WP_20160319_002.jpg

Pretty unique project I thought.

Anyone else rocking something weird at their place?

Jackson
Making a Splash

Re: Upcycle project

@Gibbo - that looks awesome. I have to ask, where'd you get the dome?

Gibbo
Building a Reputation

@Jackson It was picked up at an old timber yard liquidation sale years ago. Can find heaps of good stuff at those if you've got a good eye.

Flemington saleyards actually. 

Annette
Making a Splash

That is brilliant - well done. Easiest example of upcycling I have seen. Whenever I go to a recycle yard I am always trying to think of ways to upcycle an interesting item and thinking "What can that be turned into?" I would never have thought of this idea so this idea will encourage me to think outside the (phone) box a little harder when I look at a potential upcycle item.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Sorry @Gibbo, I hadn't seen your post until now, I joined months later than you, & I still have a lot of catching up to do. :embarassed:

Great idea though mate, I love finding uses for things, but upcycling hadn't come to mind. I'll definitely add liquidation/salvage yards to my favourite places to go, & thanks @Annette for finding this thread. :bigsmile:

@Andy_Mann - I have slowly been trawling through older Workshop posts whenever I get a spare minute and I have seen some very inspirational projects. I still have a lot of old posts to go through but I am getting more and more ideas. It's one thing to see images on Google etc. of fantastic DIY projects and upcycling ideas of anonymous people on the other side of the world, but it's another to read about and see projects created by people in Australia who kindly post detailed photos and step by step instructions and who are also accessible through the Workshop forum for DIY advice and tips.

So a big THANK YOU to all those Workshop members who are so generous with their advice, knowledge and encouragement.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects