Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Water deposit under rainwater tank

newbie25
Growing in Experience

Water deposit under rainwater tank

Hi there, i am about to buy a property where i saw water deposit under water tank. I cannot figure out if its the tank leaking or rain water stuck because of the uneven concrete . How can i find out?

It was alot of water when i first saw, but the owner wiped it later i think 

20201115_122312.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Water deposit under rainwater tank

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @newbie25. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Had it rained within the last day or two prior to inspecting the property? If so there is a good chance that it is rainwater as that looks like a place it could reside for a day or so after rain. I'm not sure if there is any method you could employ to determine whether it is rainwater or tank water. You could try inspecting again when it hasn't been raining for several days.

You could always ask the owner if it is leaking from the tank. They might not give you an honest answer but I know many people would. My mother recently sold her property and they asked if the rainwater tank was leaking. It was and she offered to have it fixed prior to them purchasing the property.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects