Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What adhesive for Mass Loaded Vinyl for pool pump cover and water tank pump cover?

SJJ
Just Starting Out

What adhesive for Mass Loaded Vinyl for pool pump cover and water tank pump cover?

Hello, I have purchased a roll of 8kg Mass Loaded Vinyl to cover a pool pump cover and also a water tank pump cover. Both these units are located outside. Can I suggestions please on what adhesive you would use for this purpose. Thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What adhesive for Mass Loaded Vinyl for pool pump cover and water tank pump cover?

Hello @SJJ 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about what adhesive to use on your mass-loaded vinyl.

If you are attaching the vinyl to the interior of a timber-built pool pump cover, I suggest having a look at the Selleys 800g Kwik Grip Gel Vertical Contact Adhesive. This is a contact adhesive that is purpose-made for use on vertical surfaces and can be used outdoors. To support the vinyl even further I recommend attaching a timber strip at the top, middle and bottom of the vinyl to serve as a secondary fixture to prevent it from falling. If the water tank cover has a timber cover frame as well, you can use the same method to attach the vinyl to the interior walls of the water tank cover. 

I highly recommend testing the adhesive on a small corner of the vinyl to make sure that it is compatible. If it is not compatible, you'll immediately see that the adhesive will start melting the vinyl instead of just staying wet and shiny. Please make sure to wear gloves, goggles and a dust mask while applying this product.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects