Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What paint to use on outdoor pavers?

Paul5
Finding My Feet

What paint to use on outdoor pavers?

Hello community,

we have pavers at the front entrance and in the courtyard. They are of the rough, sandstone type.we wish to change their appearance. I guess the simplest method would be to paint them.Any suggestions as to the best paint to use?

Also, another project.Laundry floor tiles.We used the Renovation paint for the wall tiles, very effective.Can the same product be used on the floor. We require a gloss sheen.

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: What paint to use on outdoor pavers?

Hi @Paul5,

Thanks for your questions. 

Let me tag @MitchellMc, @redracer01 and @Peggers who may be able to offer suggestions. Just note that @MitchellMc will be back on the site on Friday to help with any questions.

In the meantime, it would be great if you could share photos of the pavers in the front entrance and courtyard so our community can get a better idea of what you're working with. These photos will also be a handy reminder of what you started with when you later share the end results.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Paul5,

As mentioned previously, we have a fantastic range of paver paints available to choose from. My recommendation for long-lasting results would be to use the Berger Jet Dry products, which provide superior mark resistance and have outstanding adhesion and durability qualities.

I'd recommend Dulux 1L Renovation Range Floors Gloss White, which is suitable for floors. It is a harder wearing product than those used on walls. The wall version is not suitable for floor tiles, as it wouldn't be capable of withstanding standard foot traffic. You'll find this step-by-step guide useful: How to apply Dulux Renovation floor paint.

I'll be looking forward to seeing those images. Please let us know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Paul5 

My only recommendation before you begin is to make sure your pavers are free from mold and mildew. Getting it totally free of dust with a gurney would be advisable. I suggest 30 seconds outdoor cleaner, It should be safe enough to clean your pavers without bleaching them. Please remember that it is a concentrate and must be diluted. All safety and care must be taken while handling this product. It would not hurt to try the product on one of pavers in a small  spot to make sure its safe. Once the pavers are totally dry after cleaning, you may use @MitchellMc 's recommended paving paint.

Red

Screenshot_2021-04-27 30 Seconds 5L Outdoor Cleaner Concentrate.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects