Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What paint to use on rusty outdoor table?

doitmyself
Just Starting Out

What paint to use on rusty outdoor table?

Hi All

I have an outdoor table (one with a glass top). It has a little rust on it. Would like to paint it. What should I do/use?

Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: painting rusty outdoor table

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @doitmyself. It's sensational that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question on paint preparation.

Would you be able to upload an image of the rust affected areas as that will help our members provide some great solutions?

I suspect the process you'll need to follow will be very similar to the one demonstrated in this step-by-step guide: How to paint metal. You might also like to check out this previous discussion about painting over rusty metal.

Once we have an idea of the surface you're trying to prepare, we'll be able to offer further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What paint to use on rusty outdoor table?

Hi @doitmyself,

Just checking in to see if you need a hand uploading a photo of your table so our members can see what you are working with and provide assistance. Please let me know if I can help.

Welcome to the community,

Jason

Hi

I did take a photo but the rust doesn't show up (it's one of those glass top outdoor tables)

I found an answer on another site. Will give it a go.

Thanks

No worries, thanks for the update @doitmyself. We would be keen to hear about the approach you are taking and the end results so others can learn from your experience.

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects