Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What would I use to attach these bamboo lattice screens to a Colorbond steel fence?

LJ1809
Cultivating a Following

What would I use to attach these bamboo lattice screens to a Colorbond steel fence?

B4B9602F-3FF4-4631-8BEC-B9C6E337166C.jpeg

 I just bought a few of these but I would love to know if anyone can give me advice of which screws to use to attach them to a steel fence? Would I use Hex screws? What length would be best? 

thank you! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What would I use to attach these bamboo lattice screens to a colorbond steel fence?

Hi @LJ1809,

There's an ideal discussion for you which is Bamboo fence panel for extra privacy by @Shannon. He used these panels in the project, and there is an ongoing conversation about how best to attach these to a Colorbond fence. There are plenty of suggestions there, and I'm sure you'll find an answer. Most of them revolve around bridging the fence's posts with timber and screwing the bamboo into that instead of the fence. If you screw into the fence, your screws will be visible on the neighbour's side of the fence.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects