Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Which screw should I use for 18mm polywood?

Marten
Cultivating a Following

Which screw should I use for 18mm polywood?

Hi there,

I am going to make a box with this product. What Gauge and length outdoor screw do you recommend and let me know if Galvanized screws are more resistant to rust or stainless steel screws? 

Thank you in advance!

00.JPG

Marten
Cultivating a Following

Re: Which screw should I use for 18mm polywood?

Hi @EricL 

Sure, the dust bath will be fitted under a structure, so it will not be under rain. Also a shade sail will cover the whole structure and chicken coop. I will post photos and descriptions when finished. Thanks!

Marten
Cultivating a Following

Hi @Jewelleryrescue 

Gorgeous Silky’s and lovely chicks 🐥 you must be very passionate for them to hand feed them premium foods! Bravo 👏 

Brown chick is Welsummer, very smart and active. Yellow one is New Hampshire, one of the best egg layers. And the black one is Australorp, super soft and friendly. 

Hi @Marten 

Thats what your ladies are i am thinking New Hampshire the highlights and lighter color than the Rhode Island red.  There breed not important to having them in you yard,  But I never have seen a nicer selection as you have.  In our area breed options seamed limited  at the time.  

I  never meet a bad  natured chicken yet and its fun to see their individual natures develop ours used to follow us around while digging or weeding. We barly had a chance to grab a weed and they where all in there looking for free range insects and feeds and always turning the mulch over in the vegie patch. Happy memories I cant get chickens at the moment as we have 2 very nice 90% indoor cats and it would be cruel to cats to tempt them and cruel to chickens  to stress them with predetors close by watching there  every move. I know your ladies will quickly learn to follow you while you garden they never try flying away. Even  help you while you hand weed your roses for your relaxation.

So @Marten  I ask you too enjoy Ladies for your self  and us secondly.

The  link  below is a little thought gift for you and your  ladys

https://treatsforchickens.com/blogs/treats-for-chickens-blog/5-diy-boredom-busters-for-chickens-that...).

Marten
Cultivating a Following

Thanks for gift very nice stuff @Jewelleryrescue 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects