Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Would you paint these concrete planters?

Kellie
Making a Splash

Would you paint these concrete planters?

Looking for advice please. My new apartment has these concrete planters on the courtyard/patio. I'm concerned they look a little unfinished. Do you think they would look better if I painted them? I know the concrete look is very much on trend but I think they look a bit ordinary at the moment. Thanks!

Courtyard.jpg

1mcdermottjames
Just Starting Out

Re: Would you paint these concrete planters?

I think a satin white would go well on the planters.

Thanks for joining in the discussion @1mcdermottjames and a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about your own projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members and encourage you to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JazNicolson
Just Starting Out

Maybe choose a colour that ties in with the inside furnishings

I’m concerned about the safety of the planters given they may enable a  person (child?) to climb over the hand rail and pose a risk for falls.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JazNicolson. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for contributing to the discussion.

That's a great suggestion to tie the pots' colour scheme in with those of the interior.

We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden and would encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or would like to share a project with us. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration and advice within the community are our wonderfully creative members contribute their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Kellie 

Nothing brings great joy and happiness than seeing the colors that relax you. Paint it your favorite color. Every time you see it, it will bring a smile to your face. Don't be a slave to trends and fashion paint it your colors because its you that sees it everyday!

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects