Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

arlec solar led wall light

rdparsons36
Finding My Feet

arlec solar led wall light

I have purchased a arlec solar led wall light (LVS661K) but unable to find how to get to the batteries.  No instructions included with the light.  appreciate some assistance.

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: arlec solar led wall light

@rdparsons36 I'm obviously not at work ATM, tomorrow morning I'll figure it out for you. Will update this thread with the answer.

Just to clarify was it the LVS661BK 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-black-ritter-sensor-solar-wall-light_p4352399

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@rdparsons36 so I had a look at that unit, opening it via the screws. What you will find is a hardwired non-replaceable battery cell. The cell is designed to last the lifetime of the product. 

Your question makes me think perhaps the unit is not functioning correctly, happy to assist you with that also if you can provide details.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

It is just that the box said that it 'includes rechargable high capacity lithium battery'.  Therefore I was looking to see the battery to get the right recharging unit.  So it would seem that the information on the box in incorrect.

However the light is functioning OK.  I do hope that the battery lasts a long time if it is not rechargable and is a hardwired battery.  I was going to buy several more of these lights - but unless I have an idea of what the 'lifetime of the product' is, that may have to be rethought through.  Do you know that 'lifetime of the product' is in approx months or years ?

Thanks

@rdparsons36 This light is a rechargable solar light. You should not need to replace the battery inside.

Daily it recharges the battery itself, you should not need to recharge it manually if the solar panel on top received adequate sunlight. 

Makes sure you position it so it receives at least 4 hours of direct sunlight.

I can not confirm what the lifetime of the product will be. We are talking years here not months.

The product has a 12months warranty, however one would assume a fair-use would be much longer than that.

I have other products with a similar battery setup that have been running for longer than 4years with no issues.

EDIT- Spoke to Arlec, they advise expected life-time of that product is 3-5years.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rdparsons36,

Welcome to the Workshop community. Great to see you get some expert assistance from Mitch. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with anything around the house and garden. And please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @rdparsons36 , I've had this light for just over 12 months and unfortunately,  doesn't put much light out anymore,if any. Hope this helps.

Hi @alwayslearning,

I'm sorry to hear about your Arlec solar wall light not putting out much light anymore. Can I ask how many hours of direct sunlight the solar panel receives each day?

Mitchell

@MitchellMc hi mate, a very good 6 hours at least, I've even turned it off one night so it could completely charge for 2 days,but to no luck. Not sure if it's the battery or the deterioration of the solar panel. 

Cheers,Aaron.

Hi @alwayslearning,

If the issue started occurring within the 12months warranty or even slightly afterwards, your best option would be taking it into the place of purchase with proof of purchase and asking what can be done under warranty.

I would be more than happy to contact your local store to discuss the issue with them for you.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects