Workshop
Ask a question

How to remove paint and level concrete?

apple16
Getting Established

How to remove paint and level concrete?

Hello, 

I need to remove this paint (?) from my concrete entry. The section already removed was pressure washed off but the rest refuses to come off. Any tips on products I can use? 

IMG_7773.jpeg

IMG_7775.jpeg

IMG_7777.jpeg

Additionally, water pools on that red section after it rains. How do I correct this? 

I plan on repainting the concrete once the above is completed. Thank you. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: remove paint and level concrete

Hi @apple16,

That paint appears to be exceptionally thick in some areas, and the finish appears almost textured, which is quite unusual. To remove the coating, you could try a DTA 150mm Heavy-Duty Floor Scraper in combination with a QEP 4" floor and wall razor scraper.

Water pooling indicates a low spot. Correcting that issue would be difficult, but you could use a self-leveller to raise the depression. Hopefully, that would allow the water to run off the slab. Alternatively, if the slab doesn't have the correct fall to it and there is a high spot at the end containing the water, that could be ground down with a floor grinder, allowing a path for the water to escape.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects