Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY Queenslander renovation - Work in progress

Renowayoflife
Becoming a Leader

DIY Queenslander renovation - Work in progress

6 months ago we started the renovation of our early 1900's Queeslander. It's a huge job and one we are planning to DIY as much as we can.

We have an owners permit  but are using licensed professionals where required and on specialty parts of the project; such as the raising and new foundation. 

Our overall vision was to raise and extend to the side, allowing us to have all of our living spaces - including bedrooms on the top floor to really enjoy the Queenslander. The lower floor consists of play area, office, studio and guest space.

My husband (Derek) and I did all of the demo then brought a house raiser in to raise the house and lay the new foundation. We then proceeded to DIY the framing of the entire ground floor.

This is what we plan to do;

We have bought a lot of second hand items such as doors, windows that we plan to upcycle.

• DIY VJ boards
  • Building our kitchen cabinets
  • Building our pantry and cabinetry
  • Building a workshop 
  • finishing our house renovation which includes 3 full and 2 half bathrooms; 3 kids rooms; master bed and bathroom; laundry / mudroom build including cabinet and storage build
  • Building some of the exterior furniture 
  • And so much more....

I know this is not a completed DIY job however in the spirit of DIY July I thought I would share.

Claire & Derek

Inst | @renowayoflife

TT.  | @renowayoflife

IMG_1956.JPGIMG_2585.JPGIMG_3430.JPGIMG_3254.JPGDerek hard at workDerek hard at workIMG_4980.jpgIMG_3608.JPGIMG_3712.JPGIMG_2437.JPGwe plan to upcycle. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: DIY Queenslander renovation - Work in progress

Really looking forward to following your progress @Renowayoflife. Please provide regular updates. I'm sure our wonderful community members would also like to provide input along the way, so please share whenever you need advice, ideas or inspiration. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects