Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do your pets sleep indoors?

CathD
Making a Splash

Do your pets sleep indoors?

Pet.jpg

The nights are starting to get colder at our place, which means its time for the annual discussion (fight) about whether the dog can sleep indoors. 

Do your pets sleep indoors? Why or why not? 

Hopefully I'll get some advice that can turn the discussion in my favour at home...

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: Do your pets sleep indoors?

LOL! I know the feeling...I have a Greyhound that has decided that two thirds of my bed is his! :bigsmile:

Both our animals sleep inside. Alfie has the bed (as he is usually asleep all night) and Mao sleeps wherever she likes. During the day it's a sunny spot, at night it's any number of places lol I often wake up to Alfie in between me and my husband, under the sheets with his head on a pillow.....
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Anyone making a new dog kennel for a furry friend this winter? 

I reckon this would be a great project to tackle before the really cold weather arrives.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

We have a new pup and is growing super quick. He currently has an old very dilapidated kennel although still waterproof etc...but I would so love to build him a new bed with just a few things in the wish list.
#1 A hinged roof to clean the kennel or to simply replace the blankets and so I can remove the day bed easily which is about 1200mm x 800mm
#2 To be built on a standard pallet so it can be moved with a tractor for example, as we live on a farm
#3 Would love to be able to insulate the entire kennel including floor, walls and ceiling.
I think I could build it if I could watch a video as it is easier than reading instructions. I have all the necessary tools, so would love to hear from anyone out there that has built a similar kennel??
Cheers,
Barbara

I hope a Workshop member will be able to assist you @Baretta11.

In the meantime, could you please post a photo on Show off your pet? I'm sure the community would love to see your new puppy! :rosy:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

We bought our small/medium size dog a canvas tent like kennel that has a frame and is slightly off the ground. Her bed is inside that and she seems to love it and is cozy and warm. We also put a jacket on her just for night time (just in case). We live in Sydney and the weather recently has been freeeezing

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects