Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Grid Connect automation puzzle

cliveg
Getting Established

Grid Connect automation puzzle

Hello, I have recently purchased 2 Grid Connect motion sensor/cameras (out and 1 outdoor siren from Bunnings. The sensor/cameras seem to work fine but the automation won't work for me (BTW - Arlec really - please - need to give some decent instructions on setting up the automation!)

I have attached relevant screenshots. What I want to do is have the sensors (kitchen sink and kitchen fridge) activate the siren between 10pm and 4am if motion is detected. But after trying for hours to do this I cannot get it to work. The sensors/cameras and siren works fine as a standalone item but the siren will not activate when one of the sensors detects motion. Any advice appreciated.

Thankyou
Clive

IMG-4622.PNG

IMG-4621.PNG

IMG-4620.PNG

IMG-4624.PNG

IMG-4623.PNG

     

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Grid Connect automation puzzle

Hello @cliveg 

I've just received a response from Arlec. I've shown them this discussion and they've recommended the following steps. 

Below are the suggested instructions: 

• Firstly, ensure that the end-user has activated motion detection on the camera

• Secondly, they have selected alarm state as light only in automation hence the siren is not giving any sound.

• The activated period selected is 12-hour format instead of 24-hour format.

• Please refer to the screenshot and create the automation accordingly.  

Please note that even though it is referring to SC065WHA the steps she informed me of are the same. Please give these steps a try and tell me if it works.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Outdoor Siren Automation .jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects