Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I fill drill holes?

Kijah
Just Starting Out

How do I fill drill holes?

Hi,

I've recently purchased a 50year old brick apartment and have no experience with DIYs so I may end up using this forum a lot 😁

The recess of my windows have about 50 years of drill holes for various blinds. What should I use to fill these holes so they are strong enough to be redrilled and hold blockout blinds. I've added a picture of one these holes - I believe its a rendered wall??

Thank you in advance.

Kira

IMG_9368.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I fill holes so they are strong enough to redrill

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kijah. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about filling holes.

You can use Earl's 1kg Concremate Expanding Cement to fill the holes. If you want to install a fixing in that exact spot, then it might be worth embedding it with the cement product. Insert a small amount of the filler inside the hole and then some onto the fixing. Insert the fixing into the hole and fill around it. The cement will lock the fitting into the hole. If you need to drill new holes, it would be best to slightly offset them from the existing holes and not drill into the repaired section.

What type of fittings do you need to install for the blockout blinds?

On a side note, did you happen to take your picture of the damaged area with an electron microscope? 😁 That's an incredible amount of detail you've captured there!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects