Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to automate Deta smart dimmers?

Brooke4226
Finding My Feet

How to automate Deta smart dimmers?

Hi Guys, I am currently replacing my switches, dimmers and fan controllers to smart controllers, looking at Deta on grid connect. I have lots of 2 way switching with dimmers, also in the bedrooms I have fan controllers with a switch and dimmer for the lights.

1. How do I automate a smart switch for 2way control and to control a dimmer on that switch. see attached current wiring diagram.

IMG_4190.jpg 

2. Can I put a smart dimmer behind the smart fan controller switch https://detaelectrical.com.au/product/deta-grid-connect-smart-touch-fan-speed-controller-with-light-... and have the switch on the fan controller control the dimmer in the wall

Re: How to automate Deta smart dimmers?

Hi @Brooke4226,

Firstly, I note that you're an electrician and that you are requesting information on upgrading to Deta smart switches and not wiring diagrams. However, this level of discussion is best had with the Deta technical team, which can provide the advice you need. I spoke with them this morning, and they are happy to take a look at the setup and provide advice. They'd like to consult with you directly, so if you could please email your enquiry to techenquiries@arlec.com.au they'll get back to you shortly with an answer.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects