Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to automate light and alarm alert using Arlec Grid Connect?

mlcollingw
Just Starting Out

How to automate light and alarm alert using Arlec Grid Connect?

I am trying to automate when the Light & Alarm Alert System with night lights bedside assist alarm is triggered to set off the Smart Outdoor Siren...

I can get the automate to work if I turn a smart light on the outdoor siren will activate, but not if the bedside assist alarm is triggered.  Also, if I try to get the bedside assist to turn a light on when it is triggered it fails.  It appears that the bedside assist will only send notifications and cannot be used in any automation...

I would like a much louder alarm in case my partner needs assistance. 338786409_1690372328056486_1915631847689651726_n.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Arlec Grid Connect Smart Bedside Assist Light Kit

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mlcollingw. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Grid-Connect triggers.

Let me mention our resident Grid-Connect expert @CSParnell to see if he has any thoughts. You can also speak directly to Arlec and their Grid-Connect technical team, who are familiar with the system's capabilities, on Ph: 1300 267 168. Sometimes it's easiest to talk through the scenario with a technical assistant and make adjustments to the app as you go.

You might find these Grid-Connect user guides useful as they cover quite a few of the technical aspects of the system.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey @mlcollingw and @MitchellMc 

You will need to have the automation in the following sequence.

When all conditions are met

If:

Night Alarm - Triggered

Study Lamp - on

Then:

Outdoor Siren - alarm light on only

‐----'--------------,--

If you want it on a timer then add a countdown for anytime after the outdoor siren -on

So

Outdoor Siren ---- on

Countdown 2min

Outdoor Siren --- off

Study light ----- off

Night alarm ----- off

Otherwise if you have another setup in mind let me know and I'll help you through automation code.

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: Arlec Grid Connect Smart Bedside Assist Light Kit questions

@MitchellMc @mlcollingw 

Just looking at your question again I have not looked at those alarm devices but if the alarm alarm indoors is an all in one device can you add the device twice in the

IF command once for light once fir alarm and change the when any device to when all devices ?

I can do this for many of the other devices.

Thanks @CSParnell 

The study light was only added for a test to see if it turned on would the outdoor siren activate (lights only as it is rather loud).

The Arlec Grid Connect Smart Bedside Assist Light Kit has two master states to choose from:

• Normal; or
  • Alarm

It does not have a 'triggered' state :unhappy:
338888516_2606941676139459_7097828095725517562_n.jpg339620343_216000221118010_7778981777716373756_n.jpg

@mlcollingw 

Ok I'm with you now the kit you have it this.

Screenshot_20230411_062437_Chrome.jpg

Which it looks like the PIR on the light us not an active smart trigger which is ashamed.

You can add a smart sensore on like the following 2 or a Tuya brand WIFI

Screenshot_20230411_062859_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230411_063037_Chrome.jpg

 That  will give you the PIR sensor you desire onto the Grid Connect Platform.

Again thanks!  What I need is if the 'panic' button is pressed to activate the outside siren.  I do not need the PIR to trigger an alarm :unhappy:
The 'alarm' on the Arlec Grid Connect Smart Bedside Assist Light Kit is not very loud :unhappy:

Very disappointed as it said on the box and website that it can be used in automations :unhappy:

Looks like I may have to get the security system that features the keypad etc and use the panic buttons on that.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @mlcollingw 

I'm sorry to hear that the Arlec Grid Connect Smart Bedside Assist Light Kit is not loud enough for you. I suggest augmenting the alarm sound with an Orion Grid Connect Smart Indoor Siren and Chime

There is also a keypad system such as the Orion Grid Connect Smart Alarm System with Keypad. Both units can be linked to the Grid connect system.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@mlcollingw 

You can always browse Aliexpress for Tuya wifi or zigbee products as they fit right into the Grid Connect environment.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects