Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect three different blinds so they are all operated by the same chain mechanism?

Derby_Homer
Just Starting Out

How to connect three different blinds so they are all operated by the same chain mechanism?

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 2.49.17 pm.png

Hi everyone,

I am wanting to connect three different blinds so they are all operated by the same chain mechanism. As you can see from the photo, the blinds are very close to each other, so I imagine all you would need is a bracket. Problem is that I'm finding it a bit hard to figure out the bracket I would need.

Any ideas? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wanting to connect three different blinds so they are all operated by the same chain mechanism

Hi @Derby_Homer,

What you're trying to achieve sounds like a fairly simple request, though I don't believe I've come across a device allowing you to connect several blinds so they can be operated off a single chain. Due to the proprietary nature of blind mechanisms, there wouldn't be a bracket allowing this conversation on every roller blind. It would probably have to be a connection bracket the manufacturer developed for their blinds. Do you know the manufacturer of your blinds so that you can contact them to check if this conversion is an option?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Wanting to connect three different blinds so they are all operated by the same chain mechanism

Thanks Mitchell, that's really helpful. It's good to know at least if it simply isn't achievable.

The blinds were here when I moved in and I cannot see anything on them that identifies a manufacturer. I'll see if I can track down the builder and ask them.

To clarify @Derby_Homer, I am not aware of these brackets being stocked by Bunnings, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. It sounds like you'd just need to find a coupling that would suit your specific blinds and if you can get the manufacturer details that would be a good start.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects