Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill gap between house render and concrete path?

dr_harika
Finding My Feet

How to fill gap between house render and concrete path?

Hi All, 
I have a 1980s house that has been rendered (probably back in the 90s), and it looks as if the concrete path around its perimeter has subsided a little over the decades and has left a gap. I want to seal it so there is no moisture getting to the foundations (more applicable on the other side of the house where the path is sloped towards the house.
Most of the gap around the house is 10mm or less (like the left side of the first image), however there is a section that has a much larger gap (30mm+) and you can see the original brick (close up of this is in the 2nd image)

How shall i fix these areas?, noting there might be 2 different methods for the smaller gaps, and a different fix for the bigger gap.

Thanks ,Tony

20230131_202751.jpg20230131_202836.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Filling gap between house render and concrete path (PHOTOS)

Hello @dr_harika 

Thanks for sharing your question about filling the gap in your render. Since the gap varies in size and is all around your house, I suggest using Bastion 20kg Mortar Mix to fill the gap. While the surface of the mortar is wet, I suggest you use a Paint Partner 50mm Synthetic Paint Brush to stipple the surface so that it matches the current finish of your render. Please keep in mind to mix only what you need to repair an area. This way you can maximize the use of the mortar.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects