Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a phone line issue?

Jay44
Getting Established

How to fix a phone line issue?

Need help.

Doing renovations and phone line got damaged so cut thinking I don't need it.

Seems the NBN connection upstairs is piggy backing off this and that went down as a result.

I've reconnected the wires as they were but still can't get the connection back.

Internet provider doesn't see an issue on there end. And advice would be helpful. Would like to just put the connection behind the wall as don't need this where it is. 

1000009442.jpg

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to fix a phone line issue?

Hi @EricL,

For those that don't know, that sort of arrangement used to be the Series 600 telephone connector, these were quite prevalent in Australian

houses in the 1970's and 80's under the Nation-wide telco at the time.

Like New Zealand, no-one apart from an Austel? technician was allowed to work on things like this and this would depend on how competent the technician was.....

The top photo looks like the socket has been used as a junction box, poorly I might add, but personally, unless there is around 50V DC at the white and blue wires, with respect to the red wires, it's probably been disconnected, unless you still actually have a land-line coming into your house and are still on dial-up internet.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects