Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix gap between stained glass pieces?

Flower22
Just Starting Out

How to fix gap between stained glass pieces?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hello there, I was wondering how I could fix the gap between some of the glass pieces from one of my windows. The soldered bits came off in a few spots and air is coming through. I would also like to reinforce all the soldered parts from the outside as it rattles quite a bit when is windy. I was thinking of using some kind of fill the gap to do that from the outside of the window, any ideas? Thank you in advanced!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix gap between stained glass pieces?

Apologies for the delay in responding @Flower22. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc is back on the site today and I'm sure will be happy to share his thoughts on how he would tackle this repair.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're looking forward to reading all about your projects and plans for around the house and garden. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix gap between stained glass pieces?

Hi @Flower22,

I apologise for the delay in my reply.

I'd recommend you pick up some Selley Black No More Gaps and a Caulking Gun. Although this product has "interior" in its name, it's also suitable for exterior use.

Make sure to clean the glass thoroughly before adding a neat bead of the filler to the outside and the inside of the glass panel. This will seal the window for you. The alternative is to have someone proficient in lead lighting repair the damage. Though, I think you'd be able to use the filler to fashion a suitable repair that prevents air from coming through.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects