Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix gaps, nail holes, cracked wall and paint from skirting?

vennsoh
Getting Established

How to fix gaps, nail holes, cracked wall and paint from skirting?

Hi there, I just recently received my new house from my builder. We handed the house to another company to deal with the flooring. However to install the engineered timber flooring they will need to remove the skirting. Hence, after installing back the skirting it looks worn out with gaps, many nail holes and cracked wall/paint.

I'm thinking of doing the fixes myself, I'm a total newbie in this, so I would love to get some guidances on what tools/items to buy, also what things to be mindful of, and the steps to remedy the situation.

Thanks a ton!

Venn

IMG_0114.jpegIMG_0115.jpegIMG_0116.jpegIMG_0117.jpegIMG_0118.jpegIMG_0119.jpegIMG_0122.jpegIMG_0141.jpegIMG_0142.jpegIMG_0157.jpegIMG_0158.jpegIMG_0159.jpeg

Re: How to fix gaps, nail holes, cracked wall and paint from skirting?

Hi @vennsoh 

You  can  use  now more gaps under the skirting board very sparingly just enough to fill the gap and wipe away all the rest you dont want an unssightly fillet ruining your floor look.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix gaps, nail holes, cracked wall and paint from skirting?

As @Jewelleryrescue mentioned @vennsoh, it's the same as the top and is easy to do. Apply tape to either side of the gap to prevent the filler from getting on the floorboards and skirting, and squeeze a small bead along the gap. Wipe the excess away with a soapy finger whilst pushing the filler into the gap.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects