Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get flowers in Spring?

harathivittal
Finding My Feet

How to get flowers in Spring?

Hi, I would like to plant to some flower plants this spring. Here are the pics of the flower plants which I am after. Can you tell me the best season to seedling them and the process to do. Can you please advise the soil and fertilisers to use.

IMG_7052.jpeg

IMG_7053.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to get flowers in Spring?

Hi @harathivittal,

Apologies that I don't recognise the first plant but let me tag ever-helpful green thumbs @mich1972 and @Noelle for their thoughts.

The second image is a wonderful camellia, which tend to flower from autumn through to spring. Bunnings has a helpful guide about growing, pruning and caring for camillas which should have everything you need to know.  

The Best Advice article What should I plant for spring colour? has some other great recommendations you might consider for your garden. if you would like other recommendations, please let us know where you are based and what type of growing conditions you have. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to get flowers in Spring?

Hi @harathivittal 

The first flower which Jason didn't recognise looks like a marguerite or Paris daisy (Argyranthemum frutescens variety). 

These like camellias are generally grown from cuttings, not seed.  Both plants should be available to purchase from your local Bunnings or garden centre.

You may find some argyranthemum seed packets available but what you get may not be the pretty pink one you are after. Sometimes seeds are a bit of pot luck!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects