Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove scuff marks from timber floors?

zackwho
Finding My Feet

How to remove scuff marks from timber floors?

Hey everyone! :smile:

Need some advice on how to fix some scuffs on my wooden floors... there are some rather unsightly zig-zagging scrapes and gouges caused from heavy furniture being dragged around and it's extremely noticeable during the daytime. They're not shallow enough to be touched up by a wood marker I don't think.

As a total newbie, I'd appreciate any step-by-step advice as well as a list of what I might need for some DIY maintenance.

Below are a couple photos to give you an idea of what I mean.

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you. :smile:

20221202_134012.jpg20221202_134039.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove scuff marks from timber floors?

Hello @zackwho

Thank you for sharing your question about how to repair scuff marks on your floor. I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How to fix scratched hardwood laminated floor? by @Robin2. One of the most common methods of fixing a dented timber floor is by using a damp towel and a steam iron. Place the damp towel over the damaged area and place the iron on top and blow some steam into the damaged spot only. It might take several applications so please be patient.

If the repair is successful, I suggest using wax stixs to repair any minor damage that the steam iron was not able to fix. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects