Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
scottreimer
Getting Established

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi Scott here.

I am 47 and a grandfather of one , she is the best. She is 7 mounts old and has hip displasher , which has been a challenge for her mum and dad . Mum has been trying to find all the info she can, there are what's called a spika chair most are home made, so we are going to make multiple chairs we can send to family's that need them .

the child is in a cast for mounts they need the chair because it is hard to lay down.

I am enjoying making the chairs, I have tunnel vision and classed as legally blind.

it has been a great time to buy some new tools and learn some new skills.

I am also ready to build some draws for our walk in wardrobe .

thanks.

Thanks for sharing your story Scott (@scottreimer). It's great to have you join the community. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your wonderful project and seeing some of your handiwork.

Jason 

hope
Finding My Feet

Ok what would I call a sausage in bun, a hot dog, I Canadian. Ok moving on to what project, well I live in government housing unit, this I really like for a change, I have a fairly good garden area in front and little area in back. I weeded alot and have most off my plants in pots, But I would like to make it super beautiful, So I need to get soil and fertilizer and some other plants to add as time goes by, And possible a little fence around, it, Because I do not drive or know anyone that would, I limit my trips to Bunnings by cab, but I manage, and will endeavour to make it look super.

Hi,
I'm Maggie.
I retired from work last year and have been busily planning DIY projects which include my garden and indoor improvements which I have never had time to get my teeth into.
This new site you have introduced has me very excited and I am looking forward to learning some tips and tecniques to get my projects underway and through to completion.
My first question is how do I easily remove vinyl wall paper from my laundry walls without damaging the gyprock?

I am really looking forward to participating in this site.

Best Regards,

MaggieVB

PS I call it a snag sanga
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MaggieVB,

Welcome to Workshop. Thanks for joining us. It must be great to have the time to get stuck into lots of projects around the house and garden now that you are retired. I hope the community gives you lots of ideas, advice and inspiration.

I recommend you jump onto the interiors board and click on the big red Start a discussion button on the top right corner of the page and ask the community about removing wallpaper. Starting a new discussion is the best way to ensure your question is seen by plenty of community members. I'm sure it is a question that many other users have, too.

Please let me know if you need any help getting the most from the site. 

Jason 

Hi David here @Dsal22,

I've just arrived at the page and am looking forward to learning and sharing about gardening and cottage crafts. We operate The Family Plot at the Bowden Brompton Community Garden in Adelaide and maintain a Fb page by that name. We are interested in sustainable garden to table approach and are advocates of Permaculture principles. Cuerrently we are posting about making Hot Compost in 21 days. Which reminds me I better go turn it.

Cheers
David
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David (@Dsal22)

A very warm welcome to Workshop. Many thanks for joining the community. I'm sure you will find there's plenty of like-minded people here.

Workshop member @timjeffries (who is currently featured on the front page) recently shared his hot composting bays on the gallery. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your community garden plot. I'm sure you have a lot of great tips you could share. 

Jason 

Hi All, Jared here.

My wife and I have 5 acres that was a scrap yard when we bought it 5 years ago. We have spent a lot of time cleaning up and planting 100+ gums which are all getting some good height to them now.

I enjoy working hard on projects in the garden that make my job easier in the future hence "lazy gardener" as it is my goal to spend less time working and my time enjoying.

Projects currently in the pipeline are fire pit with curved glulam seating around, adding more vegie garden beds and extending the fruit tree orchard. Still learning the ins and outs of fruit and veg growing but learn from my frequent mistakes.

We are also are trying to plan house extensions that fit in with our yard and future plans and not cost us our first born.

Looking forward to sharing of great ideas
Poss
Finding My Feet

Hi, My name is Tracy and we are living in and renovating my partners grandmother's home, what an experience! The first part was built just after ww2 the second part in the 1960's and a few additions since then. It is a lovely old home but nothing is square so it makes for "interesting" times. We are planning to add another bedroom, 3 to 4, a converting an existing bedroom into a family room, adding an ensuite, a new laundry and a couple do verandahs and a paved outdoor area.
And @Jason I call it breakfast, lunch or dinner depends on the time.

Hi Jared (@Lazy_Gardener)

Five acres is a lot of land! I'm not sure your username is warranted, I'm sure you have been working very hard! 

I'm looking forward to reading more about your upcoming projects and seeing some pictures. Have you seen these posts?

Welcome to the Workshop community. It's great to have you join us.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects