Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hello Community .. I am Elaine and have just joined. Learning my way around this site & trying to find the place where I can "Introduce myself" .. maybe here? Well here goes anyway!!!.
I was a very early "DIYer" in my younger years. It was a time when women were into Tupperware .. I was not! I liked DIY stuff and was always creating things. Now young ladies have so many more opportunities than I did "in my day".
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BibbyKat,

You're certainly in the right place, both in terms of this discussion and to find like-minded people. There are many, many female members of the Workshop community who are just like you and love to do-it-themselves. For example, check out the Workshop blog and read some of the member profiles. I'm sure you'll be inspired by members like @She_Skills@CathM and @BecSparky.

Thanks for introducing yourself and for joining us. I'm looking forward to reading about your projects and plans.

Jason

Hi @dingodudette,

Thanks and appreciate your info! Have been looking around on seek as well, but most are looking for Australian citizen or PR.

BigSteve
Getting Established

HI all

I am Stephen, Over 40 years in the joinery and building industries has given me a lot of time to learn a few things about DIY. Now I work in an area that allows me to share my experience with others who want to know. I look forward to watching all the member projects take place and maybe I can offer a helpful suggestion from time to time.

My last project was a 4 person spa built into a 'timber look shack' in the back garden.

As for the sausage in a slice of bread - what else but Saturday morning breakfast at Bunnings

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BigSteve

Welcome to Workshop and thanks for introducing yourself. Great to hear that you are already sharing your experience with others. I'm sure the Workshop community will really appreciate your posts. 

It would be great to see your "spa shack". Perhaps you could share a photo or two on the gallery or start a new discussion in the Outdoor Living board?

Thanks again,

Jason

Bantam
Growing in Experience

G'day Elaine

Welcome. You are not alone. I grew up with four brothers. I did everything they did. As a kid I was always pulling things apart to see how they worked. I fixed my own bike punctures etc. As I grew up I progressed to doing my own car repairs etc. As a result I have always done DIY around the house where ever I have lived. Also I have always been called on to help others with their projects. I am now 63 and am still quite capable of doing whatever I want in DIY.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: I made this... (the child)

Oi @Mammasalt, you're not gonna take all the credit are you? :cheeky:

Mammasalt
Building a Reputation

Re: I made this... (the child)

Yes I am lol! No not really I should thank Queensland Fertility Group and my husband for their assistance lol.

geoffn2010
Finding My Feet

Hi I'm Geoff

I am a qualified Builder and work @ Bunnings Part Time.

My Fiance and I have just spent the last 18 months building our dream home on the mid north coast of NSW.

My main work has been Bricklaying, Paving, Stonemasonry until gaining my builders licence 5 years ago.

Currently we are landscaping our whole yard so need some ideas and inspirations for a sloping block.

My favorite ice cream is vanilla and it is always a sausage sanga.

Cheers

Geoff

Darbysgirl
Finding My Feet

Hi all.  I am 80 and my husband is 82, and we have been diy'ers for all of our 61 years of marriage.  We help each other, and we still can't resist having a go at doing most things that need to be done around the house and garden, but I must admit it takes a lot longer these days.  There is nothing like the satisfaction of Diy.  My personal satisfaction is sewing, including dressmaking, patchwork and occasionally upholstery, but I also take an interest in and assist where I physically can, in my husband's Diy's like gardening and household repairs.  Two heads are usually better than one when problems arise, as well as planning projects.  

At at present we are reupholstering two cane chairs completely.  3 coats of white paint and they are gleaming like brand new.  New strapping and quilted base, recovering the seat cushions, and complete remake of the back cushions to give good back support.

We just call them sausage sandwiches.

Darbysgirl

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects