Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi @RosieW,

It sounds like you have a fantastic challenge ahead with your garden. Looking forward to you sharing your progress. It would also be great to see what you did with your renovation inside the house. 

A very warm welcome to Workshop. It's wonderful to have you as part of the community. Please post again soon.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @Benskimo, many thanks for joining us. 

I love the term "retrovation" and am really keen to see some photos of your house. If you could start a new discussion and share some of your work to date, I'm sure the community would really appreciate it. Hopefully they can also provide some assistance with your plans, too.

Jason   

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

@Benskimo

Although its increasingly pricey, we love this store - http://scandinavia20.com.au/ - and there's a few others like it in the inner suburbs of Melbourne. We've been looking for a funky bar for a while. 

Where are you based?

timjeffries
Making a Splash

Hi everyone,

I'm Tim, and love a good project. I've been more focussed outside the house than inside it but I'm trying to broaden my horizons, particuarly as there's not much space left to build for outside!

I'm a keen veggie gardener and love sharing the experience with my kids and neighbours. I built these garden beds/front fence as a way of connecting our lives with the street. It's a constant opportunity to connect and grow our neighbourhood as well as some food. :smile: 

IMG_1712.jpg

These days they tend to look more like this.

IMG_1420.jpg

I've also built these over the last couple of years. :smile:

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_6056.jpg

I'm fortunate to have an amazing neighbour who is a semi retired carpenter and loves sharing his wisdom.

Looking forward to journeying with you all. :smile:

Welcome to Workshop Tim (@timjeffries) and many thanks for sharing.

What a fantastic idea to combine a front fence with a garden bed. I can imagine it would be a great conversation starter with neighbours and others walking past.

Your chicken coop also looks terrific. Did you see this discussion from last week about backyard chickens

You are indeed fortunate to have a carpenter that you can learn from. Hopefully you can pass on his wisdom and your own experiences here on Workshop.

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts soon.

Jason

Tony
Getting Established

Hi Workshop,

I'm @Tony – and this is my project. A classic yellow brick late 50's home in Bayside Melbourne we bought 2 years ago, upgrading from the 2 bedroom unit bought by newlyweds to a family home to raise 3 kids in. 

A room-by-room renovation was the plan when we got the keys. However, after half completing the lounge room, we had to pause renos to have our third child. So the first room actually completed of our reno was turning the spare room into a nursery.

There's still 7 and a half rooms to go, look forward to sharing the highs and lows and getting some advice that hasn't come from my old man.

main.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Tony,

Thanks for sharing. What a lovely house. I love 50s houses - they have great bones to work with. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you can do with it. 

A very warm welcome to Workshop. It's great to have you as part of the community. Please post again soon.

Jason 

Oh wow, the stuff on that Scandinavia20 is delicious. I'm based in Sydney, and I'm CONSTANTLY envious of you guys in Melbourne; you guys have the lion's share of great furniture and retro stuff. :smile:  Still, it could be worth shipping something up...

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

There have been so many new members join Workshop this week! A huge welcome to you all.

Please take a minute to introduce yourselves by clicking the reply button. We would love to get to know you and hear about your plans and projects. 

Some of the latest members include @ScottyL, @Kathy, @cbutters, @AmnaS, @ahibbins, @Greg, @jonmahney, @CourtsReid, @Haley, @Zena@rrobinson, @RachelG@Jojo@Haylee@yongoz@Jimmy@Sach@Maddie@reinar@Roni@Emily@Benchy@Lozza@millipede_dan@candice_ong@svenkle@Kelly@Emma@robchin@damianlucas@M_01@Pedro@Kat@Slatty@JWhiteoak and @Scoobz.

Gibbo
Building a Reputation

G'day Gibbo here.

I'm a part time D.I.Y.er, occasional hobby farmer of peculiar produce, ordinary craftsman and owner of a massive shed.

I'll probably post more questions than answers.

Sausage in bread is known as a "sosi" in our house.

G.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects