Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What are these spots on my indoor plant?

TommyTank007
Finding My Feet

What are these spots on my indoor plant?

Good morning, 

Many thanks to @BradN@Noelle @Adam_W for their assistance regarding an office plant I needed help with. 
Could you please identify what these spots mean for another plant I have? There's about 9 of them all with the same spots. 

Thank you again.

unnamed.jpg

Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Identify please

Hi @TommyTank007 

Are any of the plants exposed to direct sun through windows?  These have the appearance of small water droplet burns where the foliage has been misted with water or fertiliser spray and direct sunlight has been magnified through them, resulting in brown burn spots.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What are these spots on my indoor plant?

Hi @TommyTank007

That's like a next-level sherlock holmes type assessment from @Noelle. Clearly, the burns are very specific even the pattern suggests that it looks like it was from a spray. When plants get sick the symptoms on the leaves are sometimes very specific. It gives you very strong clues if it's being overwatered, there is a fungal infestation or the soil has very low nutrients. In this particular instance, all evidence points to water lensing.

It appears that the plant is in good health, keep an eye on it and the dots should disappear in a few weeks. If other symptoms appear please let us know right away.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects