Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom Reno - small ensuite - looking for suggestions

Noisysprite
Just Starting Out

Bathroom Reno - small ensuite - looking for suggestions

Good Afternoon,

Looking for inspiration for ensuite that is water damage.  We have just bought a late 90's home and the ensuite is water damaged. Our plumbing and structural reports have not returned any structural problems, so assuming the bathroom was not appropriately waterproofed.   My other half would like to repair as cheap as possible, whereas, I would love to have this as my happy place (love my showers!)  In particular, the toilet is the feature view from the main bedroom, and yes, I concede that I can keep the door closed to block the view. 

Some photos and an attempt at a floor plan attached for reference.  The linen cupboad is currently a small standalone cupboard, but don't thi k there is as much space in that corner as the plan indicates.  The window is full length floor to ceiling.

I haven't had a chance to measure up properly yet, but any suggestions would be most appreciated before I speak to a tradie.Water damage at top of tilesWater damage at top of tileswater damage at window edgewater damage at window edge20201128_130352.jpgEnsuite floor plan.JPG

Thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom Reno - small ensuite - looking for suggestions

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Noisysprite. It's terrific to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

There is plenty you can do with your bathroom area to appease your other half whilst also creating your happy place. You might like to read through our Top 10 most popular bathroom projects for inspiration.

It will be fantastic to work on a plan for the aesthetics of the room, but you need a firm answer on what has caused the water damage. My concern is that the damage extends not just to the walls next to the shower, but others in the room. I believe at a minimum you'd be looking at removing the shower tiles and reapplying the waterproofing. If you were considering re-tiling, then all the better as once removed it would be easier to assess the water damage.

For peace of mind and the integrity of the whole renovation, you need to identify the source of this damage and have it fixed first.

You should find these step-by-step guides useful:

We look forward to following along with your project and assisting you with all the steps.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Bathroom Reno - small ensuite - looking for suggestions

Appreciate the feedback @MitchellMc . 

Yes am very concerned with extent of damage.  Had hoped not to lift all the floor tiles as the whole house has been tiled with the same - but I want to do this job once and do it right! 

So it looks like my first foray into Reno starts with Demo - exciting and terrifying at the same time!

I will be back - wish me luck.

Tx  Noisysprite

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects