Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom layout advice wanted for renovation

sam1978
Getting Established

Bathroom layout advice wanted for renovation

2EF37DB7-1F11-49B8-9A04-1D8955717F74.jpeg

CD010BBA-504E-4E81-812A-D3CF29A15B41.jpeg

B037839B-C793-4A2D-9EDB-531B4B17F37C.jpeg

0551AD54-26EF-4586-B1E0-5C5D40FAFE69.jpeg

Hi there. Unfortunately we have to replace the flooring in our bathroom after a leak has caused extensive rotting. The silver lining is that I now have permission (😂) to redo the bathroom on a budget. The dimensions of the bathroom is 1950 x 3850.

I would like to tile the floor  (currently Lino) and a section of the wall and install a stand alone glass shower screen.

I would also like to create a vanity with an integrated front loader washing machine.  To do this, I would like to use a kaboodle timber bench (havea timber). I have 6 drawers fronts ( each measuring 583 x 223) and end panels that I can use but would need to purchase internal carcass and I would love some advice on what I should be purchasing. I will include a photo of the drawers (photo is of vanity but I only have the drawer fronts and end panels) and a photo of what I have in mind for laundry/vanity.

Finally, the bathroom layout also needs to include a toilet. 

I would so appreciate any advice around possible layouts and advice about how to construct the laundry/vanity.

Many thanks 😊 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom layout advice wanted for renovation

Hello @sam1978

I'm afraid the 800mm floor space you mentioned will not be enough for a proper laundry. You would need at least a floor space of 1.4 meters in order for you to stand in front of your laundry and cabinets. The washing machine and cabinets will require an area of 600mm. If you were to put this into an 800mm space, that would leave you with 200mm to walk into the laundry. You'll get a better idea once you see the sketch I've drawn up.

There is of course the option of having the dryer over the washer to get you more pantry storage space, but that would mean less benchtop space for folding. Please have a look at the sketches and tell me what you think. If you wish to see it in another configuration please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects