Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom refresh

sallie24
Having an Impact

Bathroom refresh

2B0F321E-0393-47AD-8681-EB5AC43FD516.jpeg

Hello ☀️ 
love to share myself and Hubbys recent DIY project, we moved into this home a little under 12months ago which had great bones but needed a little updating. As it is a rural property we wanted to keep with a traditional/ Hamptons farmhouse theme and have created this bathroom on a very low budget!

We saved money by upcycling a solid timber tv cabinet I purchased off marketplace for $80, we used taubmans 3in1 prep prime and stain blocker, taubmans inner circle water based enamel in semi gloss for paint (with no help from Cleetus the goat) and added feet to give it appropriate vanity height and some lovely charm.

We replaced the old ceiling light fitting with a diy batten cover from Bunnings called “Foundry”, lined the walls with cement vj sheeting, and painted the feature wall in taubmans grey gamut.

The shower area was in great condition so we resiliconed, and used white grout paint to freshen up the grout which made the whole shower look brand new again, we also spray painted the exhaust fan as it had turned yellow with age.

The sinks are the estilo round counter top sinks which are a bargain for $72.

We removed the tiles once we had taken the old vanity out and layed Bunnings gerflor senso diy natural lord vinyl planks after prepping the floor with bondcrete.

We are so happy with the final result, and thankful to the wonderful staff at our local Bunnings plainland, QLD ☺️☺️
#diyjuly #upcycle #bunnings #bunningsplainland #bathroom #farmhouse #bathroomkitchebmakeover

904CEC13-B5BA-435F-961F-E0D02082CFAE.jpeg

D8162105-B519-4277-BB49-907C7F73C539.jpeg

4C3CCA25-56CF-4811-9921-7EAA850A728E.jpeg

9D424A1E-6CFB-48FF-9456-85FBE474D3F8.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom refresh

Hello @sallie24

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your bathroom refresh project. 

What a wonderful revamp of your bathroom area. That TV cabinet transformation is just fantastic and adding the Estilo basins just gives it that old retro vanity look. Adding the EasyVJ panels just finishes the look of your bathroom. I'm really impressed at how you budgeted for this renovation, would you be able to tell us the budget you set aside for this makeover? 

Again, thank you for sharing your photos and materials used for this bathroom revamp.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Eric,

thankyou for your lovely feedback! We actually didn’t set out to renovate our bathroom this year I bought this cabinet spur of the moment because it’s measurements and quality was perfect. I bought a few things every other week until we had everything we needed and got moving. The whole project was complete in two weeks and cost us a whisker under $1k. Big savers were that we didn’t move any plumbing it just had to be hooked up to the second sink and everything else was done by hubby and I. Most of the bathroom did not need to be repainted and the areas that we did paint we used left over colours from previous projects. The shower area was also in great condition so was left untouched. Hope this helps ☺️

JoJo133
Finding My Feet

Hi, would you be able to advise the colour of the none feature wall, is this also Inner Circle?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @JoJo133 

Let me tag @sallie24 to make them aware of your questions. It looks like inner circle but let's wait for sallie24's confirmation. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @JoJo133,

The walls are Taubmans crisp white low sheen with crisp white semi gloss vj panels ☺️

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects